As mentioned, when you create a new task, you can set its properties (see “Creating subtasks and assigning executants”). You can access task properties tab at the right side of Cerebro at any time. This tab can also be accessed by selecting View/properties of the task from context menu (or by Alt+P hotkey).
There are buttons switches that determine which task parameters are visible and can be customizable in the window at the top of the window:
Basic task attributes
The first group is used to view and modify basic task attributes, such as:
- Task name
- Order is a task attribute that is used for manual arrangement of tasks (e. g. in order of execution). You can change it either in Task Properties with arrow buttons, or by dragging it with mouse in Navigator tab. To do the latter, you need all tasks to be sorted by Order column. Gantt charts have tasks always sorted by Order attribute (“Gantt chart”).
- Task status (see section “Task statuses”).In Navigator window and other lists, tasks are represented this way:current task status is shown for tasks of lowest level in their “status” column, highlighted by color that is set in status properties.for container tasks in case its subtasks have different statuses, “status” column shows colored linear diagram, where length of a certain color bar is proportional to amount of corresponding subtask statuses.If you hover your mouse cursor over diagram in “status” column in Navigator or any other list, a pop-up with detailed descriptions on subtask statuses will show).
- Activities (for more information, check out “Activities”).
- Task priority.
- Control buttons of the task status:mark task as an event;lock task forum.
Next group contains “Created/Modified” information with users responsible for it.
Next there is manual task progress controls. They can be defined in 3 ways:
- progress is off by the lock button (to the left of the slider), with its value calculated by the system based on the progress of subtasks;
- progress is on and is in the range of 1 to 99;
- task marked as done by using “Mark the task as done” element from context menu.
Time parameters for the task
Further, there is a planned task time group. This group has Pin button that allows you to set planned hours for the task (ON). When it’s OFF, then planned time is calculated automatically accirting to subtasks time.
Then, there’s starting/finishing time element group. It also has Pin buttons.
In addition to aforementioned controls, this group also has information fields that show data, such as:
- planned calendar day amount (may be a fractional value);
- sum of declared hours in employees’ reports in task forum;
- sum of approved hours in employees’ reports in task forum.
Next, there’s budgeting element group (accessible only to users with special permissions). It is used to plan expenses and to control the budget for the project (“Budgeting”).
A list of words given by users as an additional attribute for quick task search (see section “Hashtags”).
List of assigned task executors. You can add/remove them by moving them from user list (to the right) to executor list(to the left).
Next you can see a list of users subscribed for the task, i. e. people that follow that task. You can add/remove subscribers as in previous list.
Next is list of custom tags. If you have several user tags in your universe, you can adjust their values for the chosen task (see section “Task tags”).
Final element group contains list of task links. You can specify dependencies (links) between the start of one task and the end of another (see section “Gantt chart”).