The notifications system lets you precisely configure all notifications about changes in assigned projects or tasks.
Notification configuration can be performed on several levels:
- For the entire universe - These settings will be global, and will be applied to all projects and users in the universe, without special settings configured for them. You can configure default notification options on the Universe tab in the administrator panel.
- For specified projects in the universe - Notification settings for projects have higher priority than global universal settings. Settings are set on the Projects tab in the administrator panel.
- Locally for each user - User notification settings have the highest priority - higher than universal or project-specific notification settings. They are set in the profile of the corresponding user (Main menu-My profile-Notification Settings).
Notifications will only be sent for those tasks that a user has subscriptions for.
On each level you can configure notifications to be sent to the application or to the e-mail for users of different role types:
- Supervisor (manager, line manager);
- Worker (the user assigned to perform the tasks);
- New messages - notifications about newly posted messages;
- Assignments - notifications about tasks user was assigned to;
- Withdraws from tasks - notifications about tasks user was unassigned from;
- Upcoming assigned tasks - notifications about the start of a task;
- Expired tasks - notifications on expired tasks;
- New tasks - notifications on new tasks;
- Client visibility - notification about enabling message visibility for the client.
Status change notifications
- Your status list - List of statuses used in your universe, and notification settings for each of them;
Toggling the notifications
Notifications may have several statuses:
- Default - notifications will be sent as they are configured in the universe (or in the project, if applicable);
- On - notifications will be sent upon event trigger (or in specified interval for upcoming or expired tasks);
- Off - notifications will not be sent.
To configure notifications, press on the intersection of notification type (application or e-mail) and an event it should be triggered for (ex. task assignments).
Some notification types have additional settings - notably, all e-mail notifications, and upcoming and expired task notifications.
E-mail notifications have additional settings for scheduled notification delivery (for example, all notifications delivered once a day, or every 6 hours) and a starting point for notification delivery (for example, 12 p.m.).
Upcoming or expired notifications have additional settings for delivery delays (for example, in an hour prior to start of a task, or a day after another task expires), and repetition, if needed.