The user’s personal list of tasks, which is similar to the Allocated list in the Cerebro client module (see the section “To Do list”), is supposed to be the main tool of the Cerebro Tentaculo user.
When a task is assigned to you it appears in your Todo List. As soon as the task’s status is set to ready to start you can start working on it.
You can open up this list by clicking Cerebro/Todo List in the menu.
In the pop-up window, on the left side, you will see the list of tasks assigned to the user and choose the sorting mode from the dropdown menu at the top of the window.
On the right side, the content of the selected task is displayed. The heading displays general attributes of the task: the name, path inside the project, status, and deadline.
The Files list shows the list of versions published in this task sorted by the publication date in the descending order.
The following icons are used to highlight the list items:
- the main published version of the file (the icon with the Latin letter “P”) is the current variant of the file processed in the graphical application; it usually coincides with the latest published version.
- the local version of the file (the icon with the image of a computer) is the version stored locally on the computer’s hard drive and processed in the graphical application. It has not been published in Cerebro yet and can be displayed only on the workstation where it was created.
In fact, a Cerebro task does not display the full list of files attached to the task. It shows only the list of files filtered by extensions supported by the graphical application running the Cerebro Tentaculo plugin (for example, for Autodesk Maya only files with .ma extension will be displayed).
Режим быстрой фильтрации списка файлов выбирается кнопкой справа над ним, возможны три варианта:
- Show All Versions – отображать в списке все имеющиеся версии файла;
- Show Recent Versions – отображать только несколько последних версий файла;
- Hide Versions – не отображать версии, для загрузки доступен только последний опубликованный вариант файла.
Справа от списка Files отображается переписка в форуме задачи в виде ленты текстовых сообщений. С помощью кнопки Send message можно отправить текстовое сообщение в форум задачи и при необходимости приложить к нему файлы.
Access to operations on a task or files may be limited if another executor has already accepted the task; then the lock icon will be displayed in the task’s heading.
You can accept a task by clicking a button under the list of versions.
You have the following options:
- If no file is selected in the list of versions, then the button under the list is labelled Start working on this task. Clicking the button will launch an automatic selection of a version which will be loaded into the graphical application. This will be the main version or the local one (depending on the date of creation). If the list of versions is empty, a new file will be created.
- If any file is selected in the list of versions (not necessarily the latest version), then the button under the list is labelled Start working on this file. Clicking the button will load the selected version into the application for further editing.
- Regardless of availability and selection of versions in the list, you can use commands called by the “+” button under the list:
- New File – create a new file and start working on it;
- Import from Preceeding Task – load the version from the task of the previous stage, i.e. find the predecessor task and load the main published version as the source file to work on using Cerebro links (see the section “Linking tasks”).
If you accept the task its status will be set to in progress, and the report will be published together with the graphical file in the task’s forum in Cerebro. Then you can close the list of tasks window and proceed with working on the file.
Other commands applicable to the list items are available in the context menu which appears upon the right-click on a file.
- Start working on this file is used to start working on the selected file, i.e. it is the same action as clicking the Start working on this file button when this file is selected in the list.
- Open without Starting the Task is used to open the selected file in the graphical application without starting the task.
- Link is used to insert objects from the selected file into the current scene using a link. Changes in the linked file will be displayed in the general scene as well.
- Embed is used to insert objects from the selected file into the current scene. Further changes in this file will not affect the general scene.
- Show in Explorer is used to show the selected file in the folder on the hard drive.
- Copy Local Path to Clipboard is used to copy the local path of the selected file to the clipboard.
The actions similar to the Link and Embed context menu commands can also be performed in the project browser in the Link/Embed mode (see the section “The browser in the Link/Embed mode”).
In the bottom right corner of the list of tasks window, there are two buttons: Save as New Version and Publish. Both buttons prepare a report and send the current file version to Cerebro. The only difference is that the first button only adds a new version to the list of files, whereas the second button publishes the file as the main version of the task in addition. For more details on preparing a report see the section “Publishing a report”.
После того, как вы взяли задачу в работу, можно использовать следующие команды из раздела Cerebro в главном меню:
- Open task folder – открыть в системном браузере папку, содержащую версии файлов, относящиеся к текущей задаче;
- Open task in Cerebro – открыть клиентскую программу Cerebro и перейти внутри неё в форум текущей задачи.