Forum window displays the message board related to the selected task in the Navigator. Usually the system immediately creates the first message for each new task (Definition).
Other participants of the project can immediately see the posted message in their Cerebro client module, and the attached files get sent to the file storage associated with the project, becoming available for download and viewing by other users at this location.
If you have rights to write in the task forum, you can write a certain message and attach one or several files to it (if there are supported media formats, their thumbnails will be displayed in the message). This message may be, for example, a progress report. Its creation will require very few actions and will take only a few minutes.
There is a toolbar at the top of the forum window:
This toolbar contains thumbnail controls, which act like Navigator toolbar thumbnail controls - thumbnail toggle button and thumbnail size slider. Also there are:
- Reply button for posting in a forum. It is used to create a message of the following type (definition, review, report, note,client review), which is determined by type of last forum message (although user can explicitly set needed status, if it should be different from default).
- Drop-down list that shows current status of the task, and is used to change it.
- The Start work button is used to move current task into In progress status and start the timer on it as well.
- Message order toggle - in chronological order or by dependencies between tasks.
- Font size control buttons.
- The Selected all and Deselected all buttons are used in the mode of selecting several forum messages, which makes it possible to immediately execute commands for a group of messages.
- Shrink all messages and Expand all messages buttons to collapse/expand all forum posts at once.
Using context menu you can access all commands for editing/deleting messages, and also some additional commands.
Copy URL and Copy URL as http are used to place link for message in the clipboard (for more details about URL, see “Cerebro internal task URL system”) in desired format (html or cerebro).