The tags system in Cerebro is a universal approach to flexible information management associated with your tasks or projects. For each project or task, Cerebro defines a standard set of parameters-properties (name, creation time, author, etc.). Using tags, you can create additional individual information fields for a more complete description.
You can create tags on the Task Tags tab using the New Tag button located above the list of tags previously created in your universe.
The properties of the selected list item are displayed in the right part of the window.
Cerebro supports following tag types:
- Integer - integer value (for example, the starting frame number, number of lights, etc.).
- Real - real number (for example, the amount of gamma-correction, aspect ratio, etc.).
- String - string value (for example, name of the shot scene, character name, etc).
- Enumeration - is a single value from the list. This type of tag should be used when all the possible values it may have are predetermined (and their number is small). For example, you can make the name of the captured scene of the film as a list instead of a string, and use it to point out which task refers to which scene.
- Multi Enumeration - a set of values from a list. This tag type also includes a set of predetermined values, but unlike Enumeration it allows described task to have several values from the list as attributes. For example, you can create a list of three-dimensional models, designed for creating special effects in the film. After that, you can specify which models from the list will be used for a particular task.
To be able to use a tag on a project, you must assign it to the corresponding project.
To do this, in the Cerebro admin panel on the Projects tab - Tags tab or Task Tags tab - Used in projects, you need to insert the desired tag and move to the Project Tags and Used in Projects, respectively.
After the tag is added to the project, it becomes available for use in the project.
To add a tag to a task, activate the Tags field in the Task Properties by clicking the corresponding button on the window toolbar, and select the desired tag.